Sunday, October 04, 2009

We are going to be grandparents

Patrick and I are going to be grandparents. Our daughter, Justine, and her husband, Andrew are expecting a baby in March. I don't think we have stopped smiling since they told us. This will be our first grandchild and we are so excited about this wonderful news. I spent a fantastic 5 days with Justine and Andrew in Sydney and I don't think they were many baby shops that we didn't visit. A whole new world of baby things has opened up to me.

I have started a baby quilt - Kookaburra Cottage's Noah and Friends - and I don't think I have enjoyed myself so much. I haven't finished the first block yet but here is a photo of Gerry the Giraffe (minus the butterfly). I think he is so cute.

My friend, Di, tells me that Nanna's are very special people and I can't wait to be a Nanna.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mum
    Nanna's are very special people! Gerry is so gorgeous and we can't wait to see what other animals join the quilt! It will be very special and I know Sparky will adore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerry is spesial and I look foreward to see the rest of the quilt. It is spesyal beeing a grandmother. I have three grandchildren and I'd wish I get some more. Hugs Jofrid

    ReplyDelete